Saturday, October 20, 2007

I may need a hug....

So, I am at the point of the sock where I need to turn the heel. This morning, I go to my room with all the necessary equipment; Socks, notions bag, the pattern, a cup of coffee, and my Vivaldi record (you heard me right. it is an actual, vinyl record). I proceeded to make up my bed, so that the happy vibes from my awesome ocean inspired quilt (I am sure whoever made it was not thinking that it looked like the oceam when they made it, but it is because it reminded me of Gulf waters that I bought it)can permeate me. I took a swig of coffee, turned on the turntable, sat in the sunniest patch on my bed, and got started. After about 45 minutes, just as side A clicked off I realized:

THE HEEL WAS OFF CENTER

I ask you, how IN THE HELL does a heel that you knit VERY CAREFULLY get to be 5 stitches off center on the right side and end perfectly on the left????? I AM SO BAD AT THIS!!!! I HATE KNITTING!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

In other Knitting news, the present is going splendedly, although it is a boring knit. THe sweater is coming along nicely, even though it has a few teeny yarn tumors where the stitches got loose for a few inches.

And in other life news, I had the BEST EVER mojito last night. It was fabulous.
Kinda wish I had it now......

No comments: