Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Predictable Euphoria and Uncharacteristic Ranting

So....people.

What did you do today? How are you?

I am sorry, what was that you said? What did I do today? WHAT did I do today????

You really need to ask me?

In case you cannot figure it out, I saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix today. O, my, Godiva. It was amazing. I really, really liked it. I honestly thought I would be immune from emotion, having already read the book. Not so much. The freaky beginning caused me to nearly jump out of my seat. Each and everyone of the new characters were PERFECT. Especially Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood. Luna is my personal favorite charcater, so naturally, I was very skeptical (and a bit protective) of how they were going to translate her to screen. I could not have been happier. Evanna, if you ever read this, I loved your performance better than Starbucks chai. Imelda Staunton was perfectly creepy as her pinkness Miss Dolores Jane Umbridge. And Helena Bonham Carter's Bellatrix Lestrange? Fantastic. I can't wait until Neville gets to kick her ass. Cause that is what is going to happen in book seven.

I finished my first lace pattern (needs to be blocked) and mystery project, which I did block. It looked far better than I thought it would. Still working on the Gryffindor/wavy scarf. Cast on for the Jaywalkers. I am not very optimistic, but the yarn is bright and pretty and soft.

You know what really bothers me? Blog ranting. Or ranting in general. Life is to short for ranting. Although I do understand that people do need vent every now and again.

Having said that, I was watching the Live Earth footage on line (the day of I was enjoying an outing with my mum) and I could not help to under how many effecient lightbulbs were used in lighting those stages for hours at a time. Or how much energy was used with all those amps and microphones. How earth friendly were those clothes? Were they fair trade? And just how much fuel was used to get Al Gore to each venue to make a earth-happy sermon. I highly doubt he drove a Prius from Brazil to Washington D.C.

Thank you and good night!

No comments: