Wednesday, August 15, 2007

HOLY FLYING SAUCERS BATMAN!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much news in these past few days....

Knitting
I am on the toe of the Walking in Sunshine socks. They look amazing. I do have to say, though, the foot part of the pattern is a bit on the baggie side. I ask you, fellow citizens of cyberland, should I soldier on, or worry about ripping back and begin experimenting with decreases and the like?

I love birthdays. Especially the part when you know that there is a package coming just for you!!! Such a package came Monday. It was the yarn that Raven and I ordered for my sweater. Incase you are keeping tabs, it is 9 skiens of Blue Sky Alpaca Organic Cotton in the colorway "pickle." It is sooooooooooo soft and it is a fantastic shade of medium green. I like to snuggle it and fondle it and hug it....

Now, if only I had managed to REALLY steal Raven's yarn umbrella and ball winder, rather than just joking about it......

The scarf is not really being knit on right now. I am blaming the heat.

Books

As soon as I have the time to play with html, there will be a list on the right of the books I am currently reading. In the mean time, I'll just tell you about it. I am still reading Pride and Prejudice. It is getting more interesting by the read. Plus, being that I like all things femanine (except for make-up, but I'll rant post-modern about that some other day), this book is just fabulous, like my favorite skirt.

On the other side of the spectrum, I am also reading Burning Chrome by William Gibson. I picked it up at a second hand bookstore in Burbank for the fly home. It is a collection of short stories, and I am three pages to the end of the first one; "Johnny Mnuemonic." I love it. The story is esquisitely masculine. SPOILER ALERT!!!! I was glad to see the return of Molly Millions. In the book Neuromancer, she was my favorite character. When we studied this book in class, everyone hated her and her "post-modern, anti-femanistic, pro-masculine ways." I thought she was fabulous. Vintage cyberpunk IS all about the masculine, and I love how a single character just embodies that.



I guess that is not as much news as I thought it was, but important all the same.

No comments: