Monday, August 06, 2007

It is the End, my friends

On this day in August, I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. What an amazing trip it ha been, and to use a well worn cliche, it was truly a roller coaster. Though some, I am sure, didn't like it, I really did.

And speaking of trips, I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank Raven and all of her friends who took it upon themselves to see that I saw as much of the Los Angeles area as possible this past week. WOW. I know that they had these plans before I was coming, but the fact that they invited me to come along and their kindness throughout is what has given me the fondest memories of my stay here.

Raven especially, took time out HER BIRTHDAY to celebrate mine by taking me to the Knit Cafe in West Hollywood, where I was able to purchase Welcome to the Knit Cafe and have it signed by the author Suzanne, who, by the way, is an extraordinarily friendly and warm person. I also bought a new tote bag for my knitting that, although the colors are a touch bright, reminded so much of northern Bogota that I had to get it. I have also purchased sone new dpns, and Raven got me to order the yarn I want for my first sweater, rather than just talking about it like I have done for the past year. And she paid for part of it as my birthday gift. Also, under her tutalage, watchful eye, and tape measure, my last effort sock has blossomed into something that actually looks like a sock instead of the bulbous messes of my past two attempts. And it seems to fit very well and snuggly, too.

See how she is?

No comments: